Say YES to Easter by joining Oak Hill UMC’s 500 Hours of Sharing
What happens after Easter?
How do we respond to the greatest gift we have ever received?
Jesus asked us to feed his sheep, to love one another.
Are we up to the challenge?
Sign up for one or more of the programs below at registration tables in the narthex (foyer) on March 25, April 8, and April 15. For more information, contact Vicki Matustik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 7 – Help someone stay in their homes by assisting with home repairs
- Partner: interfaith Action of Central Texas (iACT)’s Hands on Housing
- 2 hours up to all day
April 14 – Williamson Creek clean-up
- Partner: Keep Austin Beautiful
- 1-2 hours
April 14 – Help a family move closer to a home
- Partner: Habitat for Humanity
- 1-6 hours
April 14 – Feed the workers
- Partner: Habitat for Humanity/
- Mary Martha Circle
April 16 – A quilt of love
- Partner: The Refuge/Dorcas Quilters
- Members of Dorcas Quilters will offer their handmade quilts to The Refuge with prayers that they bring comfort and warmth to girls receiving them.
April 22 – Earth Day celebration – “Can the Plastic”
- Curb the use of plastics in your home – start with plastic bottles and straws.
- Take a walk in your neighborhood and pick up plastic trash – 30 minutes to 1 hour
April 22 – Trash to treasure
- Create something beautiful/something useful from items that would otherwise be discarded. Bring your art treasures to church on April 22 for an art gallery of trash to treasure.
- Time commitment: It’s up to you!
April 27 – Serve a meal to ARCH residents
- Partner: Austin Resource Center for the Homeless
- 2 hours
April 28 – Food for the hungry
- Partner: Capital Area Food Bank’s Mobile Food Distribution
- Pass out food to clients at Givens Recreation Center
- 3 hours
April 29 – Cookies for teachers
- Encourage teachers as the end of the school year nears.
- Time consideration: 1 – 3 hours
April 29 – Spring cleaning
- Partners: Travis County Community Center at Oak Hill and FreeStore Austin
- Clothing closets need men’s and children’s clothing.
- Bring your gently used, freshly washed clothing folded to Fellowship Hall.