Sisters and Brothers in Christ:
We write to share with you the good news that Oak Hill United Methodist Church will be returning to limited in-person worship this week.
Based on the current situation in the Austin area and our Responsible Return Plan (http://www.oakhillumc.org/return-plan/), Oak Hill has moved from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and resumed limited, in-person worship. We will continue to livestream the worship experience on Facebook.
While many may be excited to return to campus, others may feel apprehensive. Please know that our number one priority is keeping people safe. We have implemented a variety of measures to ensure the safety of the congregation, our technical team, and the worship leaders. Below is a summary of the safety measures we currently have in place:
- There will only be one worship service which will begin at 10:00 a.m. Please arrive no earlier than 9:30 a.m. to avoid congestion in the narthex.
- We will limit attendance to 25% of the capacity of the room. This will provide space for approximately 75 people, plus the technical team and worship leaders.
- You must make a reservation in order to attend. Make your reservation by clicking on this link (http://www.oakhillumc.org/worship-reservation/), or calling (512-288-3836), or emailing (email@example.com) Alana in the church office. Please make sure you include everyone you expect to attend.
- Everyone in the sanctuary must wear a mask that fully covers the mouth and nose. The only exception will be worship leaders when they are actively leading worship.
- There will be no name tags and the cabinets will remain closed. Also, the water fountains will be closed so bring a bottled water if you think you might get thirsty.
- There will be no congregational singing. Feel free to hum along to the music.
- Ushers will escort everyone to and from their seats. People living in the same household will be seated together. Those from different households will be seated at least 6-feet apart from one another.
- There will be no children’s ministries or adult Sunday School classes on campus.
These arrangements will make worship feel different, yet they are necessary for the safety of all. We pray that those present will experience meaningful worship and connect with other people.
If you feel comfortable and are ready to worship in-person, please make a reservation and join us. If you are not ready or are part of a vulnerable population, please stay at home and continue worshipping with us online.
Our Responsible Return Team will monitor conditions in the Austin area. When it is safe, we will move to the next stage of return. Should conditions worsen, we may need to cease gatherings on campus.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Alana in the Church office. She will share your questions or concerns with the appropriate leaders.
Please keep the staff, reopening team, and Oak Hill in your prayers as we resume in-person worship.
Don Inbody, Chairperson, Church Council
Stephen Sanders, Lead Pastor