At Oak Hill United Methodist Church, we affirm that all persons are beloved children of God.
As followers of Christ, whose love is boundless, we seek to invite and welcome people of every age, gender identity, physical ability, ethnic background, racial identity, sexual orientation, marital status, socioeconomic standing, education level, national origin, family configuration, and mental ability into full participation in the life of this faith community. We are committed to the reconciliation of all persons as children of God.
OUR RESOLUTION OF AFFIRMATION & RECONCILIATION:
Oak Hill United Methodist Church believes the passage of the Traditional Plan caused harm to a part of our community whose only desire is to worship God. Oak Hill UMC welcomes all and believes Jesus loves everyone regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Our welcoming statement is clear about our desire to fully include all in the life of the church and we affirm that all people are beloved children of God.
- We will continue to “do church,” worshiping God, supporting each other in Christian love, and caring for our neighbors as we are able.
- We will remain a united congregation in the United Methodist Church committed to full inclusion of everyone in the life of the church and to loving our neighbors as ourselves, including those who disagree with us.
- We are committed to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in all forms and toward all people, and to build a church that affirms the full participation of all, including LGBTQ persons.
- We do notbelieve that homosexuality is incompatible with Christian teaching as stated in the Book of Discipline.
- We believe the United Methodist Church should ordain genuinely called and qualified persons into ministry including LGBTQ people.
- If appointed to our church, we will welcome an LGBTQ United Methodist pastor at Oak Hill UMC.
- We believe any eligible two persons who make a sincere and loving commitment to each other can be joined in marriage at Oak Hill UMC without regard to gender.
- We believe the language in the UMC Discipline that discriminates against and oppresses LGBTQ persons must be removed.
Oak Hill UMC Church Council stands with those who are working for the full reconciliation of the United Methodist Church with our LGBTQ brothers and sisters and we look forward to the time when the United Methodist Church can honestly welcome LGBTQ people into the full fellowship of love and participation.
Oak Hill United Methodist Church, where everyone is a minister, welcomes and encourages all to experience and embody God’s unconditional love revealed in Jesus Christ, serving so that the world becomes what God desires.
- Life and all creation is a gift from God.
- We are never alone because God seeks a loving relationship with us.
- Jesus Christ is the embodiment of God’s unconditional love.
- Loving God and others as Christ loves reveals the meaning to life.
- Without exception, the Church is open and available to all.
- As Christ’s disciples we are ministers called to serve the world, especially the least and the lost.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Join us monthly for Lunch With the Pastors and learn about the history of the church, UMC structure and organization, UMC beliefs, our mission, values, strategy and vision, and Oak Hill UMC.
Read about the promises you make when you join the church and become a member.
Or better even, come see for yourself! Click here for a description of our worship services and a list of worship times.