Who we are
Welcome to Oak Hill United Methodist Church!
We are located in Southwest Austin, adjacent to the new HEB on Highway 290 West.
At Oak Hill we believe that:
• God is Love
• God’s Love through Jesus and this church is open to everyone
• The Love of God and the Love of God’s people transform lives
• God calls us to join together to make the world a more loving, compassionate, and just place
To become the type of church God calls Oak Hill to be, we commit to:
• Welcome everyone because God’s Love is open to ALL.
• Offer a safe place because many people (including people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community) have been excluded and hurt by some churches.
• Provide practical tools and guidance for our spiritual journeys because we all have room to grow.
• Connect and form friendships with others because life and faith are better when lived in loving, supportive relationships.
• Offer meaningful opportunities to serve others because life is more joyful when we use our lives to make this world a better place.
Oak Hill is part of the worldwide Christian denomination, The United Methodist Church. If you would like to know more about the beliefs of The United Methodist Church, click here.
Below is Oak Hill’s welcoming statement. Know that in this church you will find a loving, welcoming community that will help you grow in your faith and use your life to bless others.
At Oak Hill United Methodist Church, we affirm that all persons are beloved children of God.
As followers of Christ, whose love is boundless, we seek to invite and welcome people of every age, gender identity, physical ability, ethnic background, racial identity, sexual orientation, marital status, socioeconomic standing, education level, national origin, family configuration, and mental ability into full participation in the life of this faith community. We are committed to the reconciliation of all persons as children of God.