Oak Hill UMC COVID Update
October 13, 2021
Dear Oak Hill UMC,
We are thankful that the number of COVID cases has dropped significantly in Austin. Public Health officials have moved Austin from Stage 5 to Stage 3. While the situation is significantly improved, we still have among us people who are vulnerable to the virus, particularly children too young to be vaccinated. Out of Christian love for those not yet vaccinated:
- We highly encourage everyone including children over two-years of age to wear a mask when gathered indoors with others
- We highly encourage everyone to wear a mask when gathered outdoors if you are not practicing social distancing.
- All worship leaders, including pastors, musicians, and church staff will wear masks indoors if they are in close proximity to others
- Everyone working with children and youth will wear masks when gathered indoors. If outdoors and not practicing social distancing they will also wear masks.
- The kitchen is open for use and holding meals in the Fellowship Hall is permitted. We ask that you only unmask while you are eating.
- The Responsible Return Team continues to listen to the guidance of public health officials. As conditions improve, we will further adjust our guidelines.
We know this has been a difficult season for many of us. We are finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Let’s continue to act in Christian love and compassion for all of God’s children.
If you have questions or concerns about our return to church plan, please send us a message using the form below. We will try to respond to your message in a timely manner.